Getting ESPN via FiOS into media center

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Getting ESPN via FiOS into media center

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

is there anyone has an insight about how one might get espn and related networks integrated into windows media center if one is already a FiOS subscriber?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/17/verizon-fios-tv-service-now-offers-espn-channels-over-the-intern/

Mike Garcen

unfortunately there is no native MCE application to support the ESPN3 video offerings (although frustratingly there’s a really slick one for the XBOX360). So what i’ve resorted to doing, is just using my DiNovo Mini and just pulling it up on my browser as its home page. Far from ideal, but i doubt MS is going to do anything about it

DavidStein

is there any reason it wouldnt be possible to have something like macrotube to allow a (albeit not perfect) form of integration into 7mc?

Mike Garcen

the problem is, how do you pull the content? There’s no public API or developer information for other websites to pull into, and there’s not even a basic RSS feed for each program. So maybe some clever developer could figure out a way to screen scrape and parse the information out…but i don’t think it’d be easy. But i’m not a developer either…would love to hear what others thoughts are

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.