Error: “Program” cannot be recorded. Restrictions set by broadcaster…

Home Forums Windows Media Center Error: “Program” cannot be recorded. Restrictions set by broadcaster…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Camaroon

Yeah, this problem literally came out of nowhere.  I did a search as well and noticed the Cyberlink relation.  But I haven’t installed anything related to Cyberlink.  When I see the error occur it seems to be accompanied by an icon for Clear-fi, which is an Acer program that came preinstalled on this machine.  It’s basically blu-ray software and a media sharing system.  So perhaps this is a Cyberlink product?

I decided to do a system restore back to the last point I remember things being good.  This was around the 15th.  Ever since I’ve seen the problem I started this post about and things just haven’t run as smoothly.  Hopefully this helps.  I just did the restore when I got home tonight cause my computer had at some point today turned on and froze.  So this is my first step.  If this doesn’t work and problems keep persisting, I might just do a complete restore back to factory default and start again.

Aaron Ledger

Yep, the Clear-fi software is actually made by CyberLink for Acer (at least in part).

Camaroon

Interesting.  I don’t have a clue what would’ve started interfering with that all of a sudden.  The most recent plug-in I installed was the hulu desktop software plus the hulu WMC plugin that integrates with it. 

Well, I’ve had the PC on since I restored it and everything seems to be better.  It’s responding faster and it hasn’t frozen (knock on wood).  I’ll see if this helps this prohibted content recording issue.

mpatnode

[quote=Camaroon]

I’m still getting this message, but I’m never around to check the tuners when it does.  It seemed to be going away the last couple of days but it came on strong today.  Dr. Phil again, Jeopardy, and The Office all got flagged tonight.  But even though The Office stopped recording about 11 minutes in, Up All Night, which comes on right after The Office, was recording fine until I had to reboot my system because it started to act weird. 

I’ve checked the recording logs and seen the “Partial” recordings, but it doesn’t give a specific error, just that it stopped.  This is unbelievably frustrating.

[/quote]

Interesting.  I saw the Modern Family fluke as well, and it did seem to cascade to other shows, but a reboot cleared up the problem for me (and given your BSODs, I suspect you’ve done that).   The other note is I’m still using ATI tuners, but there are plenty of other Ceton folks out there now, I doubt that makes a difference.

Camaroon

Since I did a system restore I haven’t had any BSODs, which is obviously very comforting, so I’m glad that worked.  We don’t really have any shows that are set up to record on the weekends, though, so I’ll have to see how it goes tomorrow when Dr. Phil tries to record again.

mikinho

Any idea what was causing the BSoD?

Camaroon

Mike, not a clue.  Really the weirdest thing.  Again, I’m not saying it was this, but I started to have all my problems (BSOD, recording issues) right after I installed Valve.  Last Friday when I got home from work I did a restore to right before I installed that and everything has been working fine.  I had installed other stuff after Valve too but I used that as my go to date.  We only have one show set to record over the weekend on Sunday night and that went fine, but it usually does.  Then yesterday, we have 2 or 3 record on network TV and all those went without a hitch. 

The only other thing that cropped up just yesterday was the WMC wouldn’t properly return from sleep.  I say only WMC because we could see the mouse cursor moving around a black screen, and we could get to the Task Manager, but couldn’t see or control WMC.  That happened twice yesterday but then it was fine this morning when I woke up.  I have a strange feeling that these problems are coming from a Windows update.  After I did the restore on Friday the only thing I did this weekend was install some updates, then this black screen thing happened.  Gotta see if it happens again today.  Less than two months into this and I have only had a completely working PC for about 2 weeks!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.