DRM? Ceton? Recordings stopped and restarted

Home Forums Windows Media Center DRM? Ceton? Recordings stopped and restarted

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I periodically turn on my TV and see several MC messages indicating the show I want to record has protected content that I need a subscription to receive.  I don’t have the error in front of me, but that is how I recall it.   In all cases it was in error.  I subscription rights to record.  Heck, they were on CBS.  What normally happens even with the warning the show will record, but will record only part of the show, then restart to finish the recording.

My setup uses a Ceton card using the 1.3.0.2-20110901 installer.  Is there is fix out there to stop this from happening?

Aaron Ledger

Is there any other pattern besides always on CBS? Is it the same programming material that causes it or is it random?

umdivx

Are you using HDMI from your HTPC to the TV? I am trying to track down this issue to see if it correlates to HDMI EDID handshake issues.

-Josh

Aaron Ledger

Also, do you have navigation sounds enabled in WMC? If so, turn them off.

SJMaye

[quote=Aaron Ledger]Is there any other pattern besides always on CBS? Is it the same programming material that causes it or is it random? [/quote]  I have not noticed a pattern lately, but will keep an eye out.  I mostly watch CBS, but this has happened on other channnels.

[quote=umdivx]<p>Are you using HDMI from your HTPC to the TV? I am trying to track down this issue to see if it correlates to HDMI EDID handshake issues.</p><p>-Josh</p>[/quote]
            Yes, HDMI connection to TV.  I can see how it could stop you from viewing, but cannot see how HDMI would stop a recording. 

[quote=Aaron Ledger] Also, do you have navigation sounds enabled in WMC? If so, turn them off.[/quote]  Yes, navigation sounds are on.  Why turn them off?

Aaron Ledger

[quote=SJMaye]

[quote=Aaron Ledger] Also, do you have navigation sounds enabled in WMC? If so, turn them off.[/quote]  Yes, navigation sounds are on.  Why turn them off?

[/quote]

Windows 7 Media Center has some known issues with them enabled. They can create the Copying Prohibited overlay message.

SJMaye

[quote=Aaron Ledger]Windows 7 Media Center has some known issues with them enabled. They can create the Copying Prohibited overlay message.

[/quote]

Did not know that.  I will try next time it happens.

umdivx

Cable card tuners require end to end connection in the chain, when you setup cable card tuner is does a check, if EDID is broken and there is a flag set on your show of any sort it’ll throw up a warning. This could be the issue of media center is running, the tv is off and the pc isn’t getting the EDID data it needs.

-Josh

SJMaye

I failed to remember my problem has also occurred while I was watching TV as well.  I will get the exact circumstances and post here next time it happens.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.