Arcsoft 5 Problems with Media Center

Home Forums Windows Media Center Arcsoft 5 Problems with Media Center

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by PAPutzback.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Wanted to ask this question on TGB but with the new site going up I held of but here goes. I was curious to know if anybody else was having problems with My Movies Arcsoft 5 integration. I never had any problems with my Arcsoft 3 version but ever since I upgraded to Arcsoft 5 i’ve had nothing but problems. My blu ray isos mount just fine and play flawlessly most of the time but it seems like every other day Arcsoft 5 will just crash and i will just stall at a blank blu screen without getting to the Arcsoft 5 disc screen. Furthermore is there any way to disable that screen. In Arcsoft 3 there was only one splash screen which i noticed on this forum you can force to go blank. On arcsoft 5 there are essentially 2 splash screens and it just feels unecessary.  Any thoughts would be welcomed. I guess i could ask to downgrade back to 3 but that seems like something I shouldnt have to do.

mikinho

Are you up to date on patches?

What external exe do you have configured, uMCEPlayer5.exe?

normychas

[quote=mikinho]

Are you up to date on patches?

What external exe do you have configured, uMCEPlayer5.exe?

[/quote]

how do i determine this? also i dont see any updates required when i go to the information center

normychas

i just went to the arcsoft site and it looks like i am up to date on patches. Its almost as if arcsoft is crashing. It now works less than it breaks. I can fix it with a reboot or a log out log in but I dont really know what to do.

mikinho

I missed your last response.  If you are up-to-date on TMT5 then I would suggest ensuring you are on the latest version of VirtualCloneDrive.  Currently that is 5.4.5.0

When it errors next time exit of Media Center and see if the ISO mounted.

PAPutzback

Michael,

Can you post how to reset BD moves to be played with the arcsoft player. I think this is what is causing my system to freeze my system when playing a BD launched from My Movies as opposed to launching TMT 5 from the start menu and browing to a folder.

Thx.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.