Anyone notice a change in the Netflix plugin?

Home Forums Windows Media Center Anyone notice a change in the Netflix plugin?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I use the Netflix plugin for Media Center everyday.  Yesterday I noticed a change in the Netflix media player.  You would select the video, goes through the whole bandwidth check and start the video.  Normally  you would see the progress bar floating near the bottom similar, but slightly different, from the media center player for recordedtv. 

Now it almost looks like a video player frame like you would get if you were watching the video on a website.  The progress bar is in a taskbar at the bottom along with volume control and ability to go Full Screen.  Now each time I play a neflix video I have to take out the keyboard to select Full Screen.  The first few times I did this I noted a Silverlight dialog box pop asking about saving the full screen selection.  I did so, but it made no difference.

A couple other changes.  At full screen I have gotten rid of the taskbar at the bottom which is sort of back to normal.  However, I used to be able to press play to see where I was on the progress bar.  That no longer works.  And I no longer see the media center volume popup when I change volume.

Anyone else note a change?   Other than MS Security Essential virus definitions there were no updates installed.

Anyone else notice a change?

Aaron Ledger

Yes.

SJMaye

[quote=Aaron Ledger]

Yes.[/quote]

Well I happy to say, for a change, it is not just me 🙂

Josh3693

I’m also having this problem. I was able to fix it via a windows reinstall after trying numerous other measures. I have a thread going on the avs forums for this as well
          http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1365085
          Hopefully a better solution than reinstalling windows presents… I realize that’s far from an ideal solution.

P.S. Sorry for the opening a new thread about this. I’ll delete the one I started.

SJMaye

Strange thing is I did nothing and it is back to normal as of last night.

Aaron Ledger

I also checked it out this morning and the plugin is back to normal.

SJMaye

The Netflix plugin is still back to normal, but I now have had two lockups at the end of shows.  The picture freezes and the HTPC refuses to respond to any commands.  Even CTRL+ALT+DEL.  I had to do forced shutdowns in both cases.  In both cases it was at the end where I was fast forwarding through the credits to the very end of the program.

two sheds

WMC 7 Netflix Internet Connection Problem N8106-152

Seems like my problems in WMC 7 are almost all related to Netflix.  I recently posted a problem with Netflix Add to Instant Queue and Ratings from Win7 WMC…. no solutions that I consciously applied fixed that, and it was mainly an annoyance anyway.  But, now I get the message above in a Netflix redbox (irony there?) whenever I select Play on any of the selections that Netflix presents to me in WMC. The red Loading screen is presented but hangs at 7%, eventually leading to the error screen.

Here is the current lineup:

o  Netflix icon in WMC always gets the error

o  Netflix icon in Boxee from WMC or in Boxee natively from Win7 always gets the error

o  Netflix from any browser natively in Win7 does NOT get the error and plays fine

o  Kylo browser in WMC does NOT get the error

And, to top it off, Add to Instant Queue and Ratings from WMC are now working just fine…. but it would be nice to be able to Play from WMC.  I have uninstalled then reinstalled Netflix for WMC with no change.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sheds

Note:  I have started threads in other forums on same topic…. will post any solutions from them here as well.

SJMaye

And I thought I had problems.   My only current issue with Netflix on MC is the save to my instant queue.  Rest is working OK. 

two sheds

OK, got an answer on Windows Experts community that works for me…. reset IE9 to defaults including personal settings.  WMC7 Netflix asks for re-login then can play items.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.