After copying back & forth, RecordedTV listings are all screwed up

Home Forums Windows Media Center After copying back & forth, RecordedTV listings are all screwed up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Garcen
    Participant

Ok, so i recently built a new HTPC, so in order to do so i copied my recordedTV programs from my HTPC –> to my WHS2011 –> to my new HTPC

Somehow in the process things got screwed up, because now when i go to my RecordedTV i see each recorded show individual (even though i list by TITLE). For example “Chuck_KNTVDT_2011_01_29_19_56_00” followed by “Chuck_KNTVDT_2011_01_31_19_56_00” and so on.

I never touched the original WTV files themselves…so any ideas?? New shows of course are recording and showing up just fine

byronomo

Not sure how to fix that…however, I have noticed that my recordings show up that way sometimes after they are automatically moved to the server and it kinda “fixes itself” eventually.   So I’m not sure if perhaps WMC reconciles file names with the descriptive info in “batches” or in intervals or what.

umdivx

I have that too but a little different. I offload all my tv recordings to WHS and keep them on WHS. I’ve got a bunch of shows (not all) showing the actual file name and not the TV meta data info. I’ve tried rebooting the HTPC and the WHS box and it still didn’t fix it.

My next step is to delete the recorded tv database that stores the caching and rebuild it to see if that will fix it.

-Josh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.