300 ohm cable

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help 300 ohm cable

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I have began to troubleshoot my HD antenna issues.  The inconsistency lately has been even worse.  Now, even on channels that used to be pretty steady I’m having trouble with.  It seems like every Monday night I begin to have trouble at 8:00.  I watched 10-1 from about 7:20 to 8:00 with no drop outs, and then soon as I began watching Chuck I lost the signal and never could get it back.  This afternoon I changed out the 300 ohm to 75 ohm balun running from the antenna to the pre-amp.  Went back inside and checked the signal…still had the same problem where one second I’m hitting 80% and the next it’s at 0%.  Went back up and changed the coaxial cable from the balun to the preamp.  I was holding out hope that it helped since I watched TV without drop out for the approx. 40 minutes I mentioned; then when I lost the signal I realized that cable was not the problem either.  My next suspect is my current pre-amp.  So I’m going to buy a Winegard pre-amp.  So here’s my question.  They have a 300-ohm input model (with 75 ohm out) and a 75 ohm input (with 75 ohm out).  Since the lead from my antenna is 300 ohm, I figure it makes sense just to get the 300 ohm in model to avoid the conversion and extra cable.  But where do I get a 300 ohm to 300 ohm cable?  I don’t remember seeing any in stores and even the antenna sites I’ve looked at the pre-amps don’t seem to carry any.  Radio Shack (online) has 100-feet twin lead cable, but I don’t need anywhere near that.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.