Re: CNET Reviews Samsung`s PN50C8000

Home Forums Re: CNET Reviews Samsung`s PN50C8000

[quote=”Mikinho”]
[quote=”swoon”]
The X-rite  Eye-one Display LT. It is spec’d to be accurate to .02 cd/m2 and .008 ftL is above that.

Katzmaier definitely has a more sensitive meter, but I don’t think that could explain the variation at play here as I am not alone in these lower readings. The HDTV Shootout held at Value Electronics was performed by ISF calibrators with very sensitive meters. HDGuru who also has a more sensitive meter measured .009 ftL, but these are all 58″ panels. 
[/quote]

Thanks, I was just curious as I’ve been researching different spectrophotometers and colorimeters to invest it.

I was looking at the X-Rite EODIS2 Eye-One Display 2.
[/quote]

I’m not sure exactly what the Display 2 offers over the LT. It has something to do with the X-rite software specifically though and not the meter itself. I have been able to use the LT to generate icc profiles using the included software as well as calibrate my C8000 10pt. grayscale and CMS using the free ColorHCFR software.

The downside to colorimeters is that they do tend to drift over time. In a few years, you could always buy a new one or profile against a spectrophotometer.