johnw248 wrote: Before you

Home Forums johnw248 wrote: Before you

DenCollins

[quote=johnw248]

Before you run the DCA, run the Windows experience factor (the test looks at that). Your graphic card is good, is your monitor HDCP compliant? (The nVidia driver for the 430 will tell you) Also the DCA would like more than 3 gig RAM and might not pass you on that.

BUT, search here for by-pass DCA. Read and follow the instructions and it will pass the test for you. There might be other problems that could prevent you from setting up cableCARD but it should get you to the next step.

BTW, what you are seeing is Quick TV is only channels that are not marked for protection. What you get will vary widely by content provider/cable company.

John

[/quote]

>John

I did run the bypass early on and it did not yield any results. Perhaps I need to run it again. On the subject of ram… I don’t think thats the problem because I am running 2 ATI DCT’s on my VAIO XL3-VGX and that has 3 gb of ram. However, the Vaio is an early adopter machine with a Cable Card enabled bios. And Yes, The Monitor is HDCP Compliant.

The Windows experience factor gives me a score of 4.7 which is based on the lowest factor which is the Processor (Intel Pentium D 3.00 GZ)

Memory is 5.6
    Graphics 6.6
    Primary Hard Disk 5.7

So, That leads me to believe that maybe the processor just isn’t up to the task. Will report my findings after I run the DCA Bypass again.