Xbox 360 Chatpad Driver Challenge!

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Xbox 360 Chatpad Driver Challenge!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

[url=http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5222&Itemid=227]Original Article Link[/url]

Oh wow, I’ve been wondering about this a lot lately. I don’t get why MS never made Windows drivers for this thing, the rest of the 360’s accessories all work on the PC, with drivers from MS themselves. Even the Kinect camera, from what I’ve heard, will be supported, if not immediately.

So why is the most simple of the 360’s accessories not compatible with the PC?

Mike Garcen
    Participant

ditto on the ridiculousness here…yet another example of Microsoft committing to something and then doing it half ass. Raise your hand if you remember MCX Extenders??? How about Sideshow devices???

Hopefully they can figure this out soon…but Dan…quit putting ideas in Mikinho’s head!!! 😛

[quote=”shadymg”]
      ditto on the ridiculousness here…yet another example of Microsoft committing to something and then doing it half ass. Raise your hand if you remember MCX Extenders??? How about Sideshow devices???

Hopefully they can figure this out soon…but Dan…quit putting ideas in Mikinho’s head!!! 😛
      [/quote]

The extender talk needs to end, most of them sucked (and thus, didn’t sell well) in comparison to the one that was most popular by default…the Xbox 360. Now, most people don’t want to buy ‘a console’ as an extender, but think of it this way: what’s it matter what it’s main purpose is if you don’t use it that way? Even today, the PS3 is a better Blu-Ray/DVD/CD/MP3/Netflix/YouTube/* box than it is a games system. On the sneak, its one of the two best all-in-one super media boxes out there (lack of MKV support notwithstanding_. Take it form me, as an avid gamer, who bought the thing not too long after launch.

And I can’t even name a sideshow device that ever even came out.

The thing about MS is every department is self-contained. They never work together, in fact its more that they’re actually competing with each other. One department wouldn’t want anothers’ code ‘contaminating’ their stuff. I’d started realizing this on my own, and it was pretty much confirmed a while back on the Windows Weekly podcast. Ed Bott, and Mary Jo Foley (two tech journalists who focus pretty much on Microsoft) joined Paul for an episode, and pretty much said this is whats been going on at MS since the beginning.

What’s truly bizarre is that this doesn’t explain a damned thing in this case. The chat pad wasn’t the last 360 accessory to be released, so MS didn’t ‘drop’ support or anything, they must have just never seen the use for drivers. Once it was out the door, unless it had major issues, like the wireless headset once did, they didn’t do anything else to it, and so it was ‘case closed’ as far as they were concerned.

[quote=”shadymg”]
      [/quote]

Mikinho was already there and participating in the discussion….it’s not my fault! 🙂 Sometimes the internet seems small.

The more I think about it am really surprised no one developed a driver for this a long time ago. It might not be the perfect remote for Media center but seeign as they are pitching MS gear you would think selling a controller and chat pad for Media Center input would have been a no brainer.

Slightly off-topic, but what is the status for PC support for Sony’s DualShock3 and keypad?  I had tried to use the SixAxis controller on my PC when they first came out with no luck.  Has it gotten easier in the past 4 years?

Yes, I’m pretty sure it works perfectly. I just hate the location of the keyboard (above the gamepad)

swoon

It looks like there has been some progress on this as the first driver has been released though it only supports the wired controller at this time.

Naylia

Yup, just checked back in myself. Slowly plowing through the 25 pages of thread since I actually went and donated…very excited and hopeful that we will see the chatpad also enabled for wireless controllers.

bro da-mone

good news… the more input devices…the better

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.