WinTV-DCR-2650 Dual Digital CableCARD receiver, Cisco STA1520, and Time Warner Cable Trouble

Home Forums Home Theater Computers CableCARD WinTV-DCR-2650 Dual Digital CableCARD receiver, Cisco STA1520, and Time Warner Cable Trouble

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Trying to see if anyone here has found a solution to the issues I have experienced.  Primarily, I cannot receive all of the channels I am supposed to have under my cable subscription–mostly in the HD channel range.  My tuner continually blinks.  (I’ve updated drivers/firmware/etc.) TWC has told me it is an issue with the Receiver.  I’ve searched over and over again and have not found a clear solution.  I’ve asked for help from Hauppauge but it seems to take a while to get a response. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Garcen

what do you mean “mostly in the HD channel range.”? does that mean you’re not getting ANY of your HD cable channels? 

I would suspect the problem is either A) Not a strong enough signal–how many splitters are you using for your cable? Did the installer measure the signal? or B) The cableCard is not properly activated–have you tried getting another one? Just because the first tech said “i sent the hit signal” does not mean all is right.

I’ve never used the WinTV device, but does it have any diagnostic utilities to see the log of data?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.