Why Netflix Stinks according to Time

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Why Netflix Stinks according to Time

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

[quote=”dumbass writer”]
    But I have misgivings about the service’s usefulness, especially compared with that of a real, well-stocked video store….[/quote]

Okay. That’s where I stopped reading. Seriously?? Is this guy for real? Hold on…. Yup. He’s an old guy. Of course he’s going to be against the “digital age” and talk all about how “awesome” an “experience” going to Blockbuster was.  ::)  ::)

His Wiki page is rather amusing though. 🙂
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Corliss

[quote]Corliss has had movies on his top ten lists that fellow Time critic Richard Schickel has rated the worst of the year. These included 2001’s Moulin Rouge!, 2003’s Cold Mountain and 2004’s Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. In August 2004 Stephen King, criticizing what he saw as a growing trend of leniency towards films by critics, included Corliss among a number of “formerly reliable critics who seem to have gone remarkably soft — not to say softhearted and sometimes softheaded — in their old age.”[9]

Despite challenging Siskel and Ebert in his Film Comment article, “all thumbs”, Corliss praised Ebert in a June 23, 2007 article “Thumbs up for Roger Ebert.” Corliss later appeared in Ebert’s book Awake in the Dark in discussions and debates with Ebert about film criticism where “all thumbs” was reprinted.[/quote]

So yeah, this guy put out another one of those “netflix killed the video store” crap stories. Here in Boulder we’ve got three Blockbusters, all three pretty much have only the newest, lamest movies on hand with most of the good stuff and the older stuff either always checked out or they just don’t carry them anymore. The only other place around here with a large select charges a $1 a movie a night. If I want three movies for two nights that’s $6 or I could just put those same movies on my Netflix queue and shot them up to the top. Duh.

Oh, and if I’m queuing up a movie for a date I do that a few days before. Then again, I’m under the impression that one is suppose to plan for a date and not just “okay, well, what do you want to do?” kind of dates that always suck.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.