Why does Clown BD take so long to strip the movie out.

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Why does Clown BD take so long to strip the movie out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PAPutzback
    Spectator

All I want is the movie only, no compression or anything. So why does the clown software have to run all these eac3, tmuxer and blah blah blah. IS it a setting I have not selected or selected by accident? 

I could swear it only took an hour or so on the expendables yesterday and today it is going on 4 hours to do Aliens in the Attic.

captain_video

You might need a faster PC.  Clown_BD tytplically takes about 40 minutes or so to process a Blu-Ray movie rip for me.  I generally rip the movie to my hard drive as an iso first and then strip it while mounted in VirtualCloneDrive.

PAPutzback

I am running a six core 1055 proc. I know I have speed covered. I think something is buggy on my network. I’ll be starting a new thread trying to figure that issue out.

skirge01

What part of the process is hitting the network?  Are you running Clown on one PC, but using a network share for either the source or destination?  That will definitely lengthen the process.  I tried this a couple of times and the lag was too much, so I do everything locally now.

EDIT:  Also, no need for a new thread, unless you’re trying to boost your post count.  🙂

PAPutzback

Both input and output are on the network. I didn’t have an issue the first day. But I will try running the output to a local drive today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.