WHS BSOD on install…. it freaking figures lol

Home Forums Home Theater Computers WHS BSOD on install…. it freaking figures lol

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ok so I finally decided to rip my server apart tonight, and begin my install of WHS. since my server is about 5 years or so old (hard drives were the newest thing) I figure well I have a s775 p4 3.2GHz laying here…. I can buy a Foxconn g31 (sorry wrote gigabyte earlier, my core 2 duo systems are gigabyte p35 boards lol) board for $45 and later if I want to upgrade to a core 2 duo or etc. makes sense right? The board shows it works with this CPU I have, and I just happened to have some new DDR2 sitting in my desk drawer from where I upgraded to win 7 on another mahcine and went to 8GB.

Well I got it all together, mounted it all up in a recycled 4U rackmount case since I wanted more room later on for more storage. I put it all together and throw in a 320GB IDE (new) and a 1TB SATA drive (new) along with my new g31 board and my semi used 2x 1GB DDR2 800MHz memory… only old thing that was working is my p4 s775 CPU.

so the install is chugging along it formats the partitions etc etc, reboots and continues setup, then completes some tasks to continue and BSOD bigger than $#17 I think ok well thats odd maybe I grabbed two sticks of memory that arent perfectly matched and grab the other two sticks mix them up and put them in. BSOD again….

right now I am starting over and have pulled the 1TB drive just to make sure that isn’t a problem with the chipset. since most things are pointing to memory I also tried the 4GB from my desktop PC…. but no luck there.

Is it possible I have finally run in to a bad CPU? lol I never seen a bad CPU before it has always been everything but the CPU in the past. Well I suppose I can always just buy a celeron lmao.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.