Who to order from??

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Who to order from??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Of the vendors listed on Centon’s web site, whom would you recommend I order their cable card tuner from??

mikinho
    Participant

Assuming you are in PA (inpgh in Pittsburgh?) it really doesn’t matter.

Some Zones pre-orders were sent out early, ahead of their queue) but Ceton will be rectifying that situation so it shouldn’t matter which company you order from.

I’m a bit biased towards Fluid Digital or CannonPC since I had a chance to meet with their owners last month.

Just be prepared to wait. I had an order in at Cannon and when I found out it would not be until after Christmas I decided to hold off until next year to see what happens with Uverse and the ability to use my existing 360s as extenders of the Uverse box instead of having to rent boxes. Hopefully we find out next month with the next 360 update.

I think our member xjboonie has an order in at Cannon still. I wonder if he has heard anything about when he will receive his. The order status is maintained on a list at TGB.

Yes I am in Pittsburgh, I have FIOS and want to have something larger that a 160MB drive for a DVR (and not pay to lease the STB).  Just about to order a Shuttle barebones and put a 3.1GHz Phenom II X2 and have it always on to do the recording/streaming to the HTPCs.  But no big rush so I try one of 2 Mikinho prefers.

Yep, I ordered with Cannon – it’s still pending, but cards are being delivered, so I’m hoping by thanksgiving.  I need to replace my motherboard to free up a PCIe slot, which is forcing me to get a new cpu too… and upgrade to win7.  Not really looking forward to that, as the box is pretty stable, but it’s the only xp box left in the house (besides the net book), but after 4+ years of tweaking, I’m sure there is stuff on there that is just wasting resources.  Right now I’m leaning towards a i5 processor and getting an SSD for the OS so I can use the other HDD spot for more storage… (case limits room)

There is a post tracking orders on the green button

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/91591.aspx?PageIndex=1

Right now it looks like people who ordered early June are getting them, and I ordered at the end of August, and based on the chart – there are about 700 order numbers before me.  I don’t know if those are all CannonPC orders, or just the cable card orders.  It’s an informal tracking based on what people submit on the forum, no numbers supplied by CannonPC or Centon.

captain_video
      Participant

Got mine from Zones and had no problems.  Their customer service was very responsive to my inquiry about my pre-order not showing up in my order history.  I heard back from literally within hours after sending the e-mail.  I thought that was impressive considering they were probably getting bombarded with similar requests at the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.