What software for 120hz playback?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers What software for 120hz playback?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oliverredfox
    Participant

Some clever hardware hackers figured out how to get 120hz input on my TV instead of its factory 60hz limit.  This set doesn’t do 24 input, so it’d be nice to set it up to playback 24fps videos at the full 120 so it’s a nice even 5x multiplier on the frame rendering.  But not certain what various software routes are available to best take advantage of the higher input range.  Any advice?

babgvant

Does your PC list 120Hz as a supported framerate? If it does, you should be able to use any player that supports madVR (MPC-HC, JMC, Meedio, etc.) to playback 24p at 120Hz w/o telecine judder (if it doesn’t enable IVTC automatically, you can force it).

oliverredfox

[quote=babgvant]

Does your PC list 120Hz as a supported framerate?

[/quote]

With the custom firmware and modified INF it does. =)

[quote=babgvant]If it does, you should be able to use any player that supports madVR (MPC-HC, JMC, Meedio, etc.) to playback 24p at 120Hz w/o telecine judder (if it doesn’t enable IVTC automatically, you can force it).

[/quote]

Cool, thanks.  Wasn’t certain if I was going to need a filter or module for a player to make it work right.  That’s much easier than I expected.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.