What is the “truth” concerning component output, AnyDVD, HDCP, Ict, etc.?

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion What is the “truth” concerning component output, AnyDVD, HDCP, Ict, etc.?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

OK, I have to “bite” and ask what’s the real truth concerning HD output over a component connection and using or not using AnyDVD HD?  There’s a lot of knowledgeable people on here and a lot of different people has been a lot of help to me as I’ve built, refined, and troubleshooted my system.  And I’m not out to discount what anyone has said.  I’ve read the links that you’ve sent me to regarding HDCP and the ICT not being set on movies and all of that stuff.  I’ve seen the advice you’ve given out about not needing AnyDVD over component.  But in my case, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…then it’s a duck.  From what I’ve seen, even over component you (I, at least) need AnyDVD HD to make it work.  With it turned off, I have a blank screen; with it turned on playback is fine.  No one has given me any definitive explanation as to why playback doesn’t work for me although from what a lot of people has said, it should.  Some have asked me for my system specs, so here goes…
    Core 2 Duo E6600
    AsRock 4Core DualVSTA motherboard with latest BIOS
    Geforce 6600GT AGP Video Card with latest drivers 163.71 using component output
    1 GB Ram
    XBOX 360 HD DVD drive
    PowerDVD Ultra 7.3
    latest VIA Hyperion chipset drivers
    Chaintech AV-710 sound card
    my TV is a Toshiba 50H80
    the video card is set for single display only; the TV is the only “monitor” I have connected
    I don’t know what else I can do.  Everything is up-to-date as everyone has suggested.  I just don’t see how my system can defy the logic that everyone else has thrown out there.  Who’s right and who’s wrong here?  As I’ve said, I’m not out to say that people don’t know what they’re talking about, but until I see it I’ve got to believe that AnyDVD is needed over component.  Is there anyone out there that is viewing HD DVD (or Blu-Ray) over component without using AnyDVD?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.