What are the commercial skip options in Win7 MC?

Home Forums Windows Media Center What are the commercial skip options in Win7 MC?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am using DVRMS Toolbox with the DTBAddin. It works well. For commercial skip detection I use DVRMS Toolbox and Showanalyzer. Again, it works OK. Only issues seem to be directory monitoring missing shows and sometimes Analyzer seems to get hung up on a file.

Please help me understand what each component is doing. DVRMS Toolbox is only being used for the filewatcher service? which when a new tv recording is detected it prompts Showanalyzer to run commercial detection on the file. This creates a file indicating where the commercials are located. The DTBAddin is the plugin for Media Center that reads this commercial skip file and jumps over the commericals.

Like I said, this combination works OK for me, but not 100%. Are there other options that are more bulletproof? I am rebuilding the HTPC and thought I would ask.

SJMaye

Thought I would poke this one.  Maybe simplify a little.

Can I run the dtb add-in and get commercial skip without DVRMS Toolbox?  Just trying to simplify the installation. 

Aaron Ledger

So then you would use Show Analyzer’s file watching function?

I always found DTB to be better and more flexible at that function.

SJMaye

[quote=Aaron Ledger]

So then you would use Show Analyzer’s file watching function?

I always found DTB to be better and more flexible at that function.

[/quote]

Yes, that was what I was considering.  It would be just one less piece of software running,  DBT has always worked good for me though.  The only problem I have seen is SA hanging on a file while processing.  I have had to leave MC and manually shut it down to relieve the hang up.  So I guess my real problem is SA which there is no substitute.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.