Watching Hockey on ATI TV Wonder Elite

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Watching Hockey on ATI TV Wonder Elite

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

Not sure where to put this exactly so I hope this is ok here…  HTPCnews is dead I guess?  Anyhow…

For a couple years I was using an ATI 9600pro AIW and a dell 20″ widescreen LCD monitor as my TV.

I watch a lot of hockey and watching it on this set up was crap. I attributed it to the LCD display as the cause of my problems with the slower refresh rate not keeping up with the action.

Nowadays I have an ATI TV Wonder Elite with an HIS Radeon x1950pro 256meg vid card and Dell 32″ LCDTV.

My issue is that watching hockey looks better with cable plugged directly into the dell tv than via the cable plugged into the tv wonder elite outputted through the x1950pro from dvi to hdmi input of the dell TV.

What does better mean? Well granted the PC does upscaling to 720p much better than the dell but I find the images on the dell crisper and the action is smoother. The PC output to be me seems blurry and may be even slightly choppy (but could be because of the blurriness). Oh and the ice surface looks yellowish not white

What’s wrong if anything?

Thanks for your time!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.