Watch Live TV from other PC?

Home Forums Windows Media Center Watch Live TV from other PC?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is there a way that I can watch a show being recorded on a different PC as it is being recorded?

I setup the recording PC to share the directory it is recording to, but when I try to view it from another PC using either WMC, WMP, or VLC, it cuts out when it reaches the end of the file when it was opened.  For example, if I try to begin watching the file when the show has 3 minutes recorded, I can watch for 3 minutes before it cuts out (even though the show has really been recorded for 6 minutes by the time i get to 3 minutes watched).  If I immediately re-open the file I can watch the first 6 minutes before it cuts out.

With SageTV I used to be able to watch a show from another machine as it was being recorded as long as it never reached the ‘real’ end of the file during playback.  Is this not possible with WMC?

babgvant

You are correct. It’s a problem with directshow and the SBE source. For it to work the splitter would need to update the duration periodically (or leave it unset – which is what I think the SageTV demuxer does). I’ve been thinking about trying to add that to LAV, but I haven’t had a chance to see how much effort that would be.

Chroner

Thanks for the confirmation.  I’ll definitely miss that capability from SageTV.  It was especially nice during football season, heh. 

Mike Garcen

i know it’s not a solution per say, but the way you could do this is via an XBox or other Media Center Extender. I know it’s not your PC, but it’s a way….

babgvant

[quote=Chroner]

Thanks for the confirmation.  I’ll definitely miss that capability from SageTV. 

[/quote]

Me too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.