Vista text display ugliness

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Vista text display ugliness

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’m having a problem with the way small text is displayed in recorded video using Vista Home Premium.

It happens often during Pardon the Interruption because that show lists the topics that they’ll cover in a column on the right side of the screen. On my system, some of the text of the topic list looks terrible! When the text is small, it will flicker and there is dot-crawl (is that the correct term?). This happens to fine print in commercials, in credits, and sometimes in a banner feed (e.g., CNN). I’d learned to live with it but I was showing my media center system to house guests on Memorial Day and I saw the craptastic text display through their eyes as if for the first time and now it haunts me.

Does anyone have tips/tweaks/tricks to make text stop crawling on screen? I used the hauppauge tweak tool on my old MCE 2005 machine and I remember it being better than this. Any help would be appreciated.

System Specs: Core 2 Duo 6300, 2Gb DDR2 + 1Gb readyboost RAM, PVR 150 MCE x2, Cat’s Eye USB HD tuner, 250Gb for OS/Docs + 300Gb for TV.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.