Video Card getting too hot?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Video Card getting too hot?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Yesterday I received my Gigabyte GV-RX26T256H Radeon HD 2600XT video card.  If you’re not familiar with this card, it is fanless.  I put it in and installed the latest drivers from ATI’s website.  I let it run in my room for a while, and then I put the case back together and took it to the family room.  After getting everything hooked up I put in an HD DVD and let it run as kind of a “torture” test.  I put it back on satellite TV and let the computer continue to play the HD DVD.  At 11:00 when I went to bed I changed back over to check on the PC.  I had a blank screen, so I sat there confused for the moment.  I still had sound, so I started moving the mouse, punching keys, and trying Ctrl-Alt-Del.  Nothing worked.  So I had to hit the restart button on the front.  When it came back up, the screen was still blank.  After I was sure it was up, I hit the power button to shut it down.  I waited about 3 minutes and turned it back on.  This time when it came on, I could see everything.  So I started going in to the Catalyst Control Center and all of a sudden the screen went kind of dim and then to black again.  So then I cut it off and went to bed.  So I’ve been laying there all night wondered if I should just return the card and get one with a fan.  Do you think it’s a heat issue or perhaps drivers?  Now that I’ve tried this fanless card it’d be great if it worked ’cause I now realize my video card was what was making all the noise before.  But I can also live with the noise if I can keep the picture from going black.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.