Ugh… chroma bug back in ATI drivers

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Ugh… chroma bug back in ATI drivers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’ve confirmed this now on two seperate systems one using a 4850 hooked to a 720pLCD via VGA and another using a 4870 hooked up via HDMI to a 1080p set

Catalyst 8.11 and 8.12 both suffer from a pixelation effect on TV, HDTV and DVDs in Vista Media Center. The problem is most noticeable on chroma rich colors such as red blue and etc but is there for everything. Catalyst 8.9 and 8.10 dont have this problem BUT I cant use 8.9 or 8.10 on my 1080p set as it screws up and looks like some sort of odd sharpening effect is placed over the whole screen when I display at 1920x1080p (desktop, MCE, everyhting). It all has a halo effect form the sharpening too 🙁

If I run at 1360×768 I dont get the sharpening look but the chroma problem is still there. But I have a 1080p set… and 1080p in to this set is crisp and clean under cat 8.11 and 8.12, just like being hooked ot a PC monitor 🙂 so obviously I want to use 1080p.

I have tried changing to PowerDVD codecs but they still exibit the same problem in VMC. I can not grab a screen shot at all so I am goign to attempt to get a hold of a tripod to take pics with a still camera.

anyone know of a quick fix that will let me keep the 8.11 or 8.12 drivers, and not show this problem?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.