Trying to find a music visualization/player for parties

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Trying to find a music visualization/player for parties

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    oliverredfox
    Participant

I’ve got an assortment of MP3s and music videos.  I’d like to rig up a system that will play the music videos and when the MP3s play will also play videos from at random from a different folder(a bunch of short anime clips and random movie clips).  Does anyone knows a visualization plugin/player that would do this?  The player doesn’t have to support 10′ interface)

swoon

You could probably accomplish this with two different players, one to play the video and one to play the audio although there would be no synchronization of audio and video, but it sounds like that isn’t a requirement.

Well, this wouldn’t be able to play music videos and then music with videos.

Mike Garcen

i’ve seen this type of setup at some clubs/bars with a DJ, so I’m sure there has to be something out there…where sometimes the song they’re playing doesn’t have a video so it reverts to some other video….never bothered to ask though.

swoon

ClubDJPro might do what you want.

oliverredfox

I have a friend who is a DJ, I’ll ask him what he uses(hadn’t even crossed my mind to ask him).  But I suspect, like the program you linked, it’ll be over priced for my trivial needs.

Dual programs running, one with video and one with the music would roughly work.  No one but me would know that the real music videos weren’t occasionally playing (But it would still nag me knowing that there has to be some way to pull it off.)

It seems like it would be ideal for a WMP visualization plug-in.  Simply playing random video instead of the cheezy line art.  I’ll keep digging around and trying more search terms on Google to see what I can find.

swoon

Perhaps there is something in Foobar2000 or WinAmp. There are a lot of plug-ins for those programs.

Mike Garcen

Yeah, something like Winamp might be just the ticket. Essentially you just need an app that can support video+audio in a single playlist, WITH a visualization plugin. Has to be something out there for free 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.