TMT & WMC7 issue.

Home Forums Home Theater Computers TMT & WMC7 issue.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

As I mentioned in another thread, I got TMT3 up and running on both my machines running WMC7.  Last night I noticed an issue with launching it from inside WMC7.  It is most noticeable on my bedroom machine as it is using an Athalon 3800+.

When I launch TMT from the desktop and play a BR or HD-DVD, the CPU utilization for both cores is around 10-15% and sometimes jumps to 20%, but playback is perfect, no issues at all.  When I launch TMT from inside WMC7 the CPU utilization is around 50-60% when the scene has a still image on it.  When there is motion in the scene, even just a slow panning shot it doesn’t have to be allot of hi action, the CPU utilization for both cores goes to 100% and doesn’t fall until there is a static scene for a few seconds.

Has any one else had this issue??  Is this a known issue with TMT’s WMC7 integration??  Is there a fix or patch for it??

I made my own workaround by making a new launch icon for WMC7 with Media Center Studio so that WMC7 actually minimizes and TMT is the only thing on the desktop.  Memory usage is the same as launching from inside WMC7 but the CPU utilization now holds around 15% and the playback is smooth.

Any thoughts on this issue??

I haven’t checked the CPU utilization on my living room machine but I will when I get home from work today and update.  The living room machine is using an Athalon 5600+.  Both machines have 4Gig of DDR2 800 ram and WMC7 x64 done with clean installs and identical ATI5450 graphics cards.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.