TMT 5 is playing inside blue borders all of a sudden

Home Forums Beginner General Questions TMT 5 is playing inside blue borders all of a sudden

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by swoon.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PAPutzback
    Spectator

I imagine I boggered somethingup. It started with the problem that My Movies would not play bluray folders. So I changed the “open with” for file extension m2ts to what I thought was the TMT player. But then after changing it it would kill my system everytime. So I installed Iso burner and put my bluray folder into an ISO. So now I have playback but the movie is surrounded by blue bars?

I did a quick search But the only links I saw were fixes for overscan\underscan and scaling.

So I have two questions.

1. Does MM play BD stream folders or do I have to convert all them to ISO images?

2. What TMT program to I need to reset the BD files to point to?

I thought installing Mikinho’s open with program was my solution but I did not find a GUI or instructions. I tried the registry key fix but I got an error about binary blah blah blah. Not a valid registry file.

htpc_user

I used to have this problem when I played blurays in PowerDVD when it was launched from within Media Center. If I opened PowerDVD from outside of Media Center and played a movie, it was OK. What I found out in my case was the setting for the display type I had selected when setting up Media Center. At the time, I had a rear projection HDTV so I had chosen TV. I found a fix that said to change the display to Flat Panel or Projector. It worked for me.

phoneguyinpgh
          PAPutzback

I’ll check that thread out. I must have missed something because I remember changing my projection TV to the TV setting. This weekend was probably the first time I played a BD since. I’ll make the registry changes tonight and see if that works. Thanks.

PAPutzback

I tried everything in that thread and now I have the blue bars on all 4 sides and along with vertical blacks bars on the side of the video within the blue border. This only happens when the video doesn’t freeze and lock the system.

I’m on the path now to find that app that allows me to back up my recording settings and do a reinstall since it is all boogered up.

PAPutzback

According to Arcsoft the switch to TV from flat panel caused my problem. I’ll see tonight.

ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down

Admin Group
                Admin Group

Post Options Post Options

Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote Post ReplyReplyDirect Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 4:02pm

You can generally fix it from Media Center’s configuration by choosing Flat Screen instead of TV from the MC setup wizard. Just rerun it.
                swoon

Quite strange. TMT5 and PDVD11 run perfectly fine with my configuration using Television. I also didn’t muck with the registry as I had no need to. Perhaps this is some gpu-dependant behavior.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.