Time Shifting And Online Make Up Nearly Half Of All Viewing

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Time Shifting And Online Make Up Nearly Half Of All Viewing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

There is no way I will pay $.99 per episode…that would send our monthly bill through the roof.  So I see the trend for online content moving back toward Cable/Satellite type subscription models.  Even so, ISPs are countering this with monthly usage caps.  We are a long ways off before this becomes mainstream.  My biggest gripe with online content…image quality.  I’ve tested several services and Zune MarketPlace streaming is probably the best quality available today.

captain_video
    Participant

Time shifting makes up about 80-90% of my viewing time.  The remaining 10-20% consists of live sporting events and movie rentals from NetFlix.  I don’t use VOD or any of the online services.  I will, on occasion, download a missed episode of a program via bittorrent sites in mkv format.  Other than that, I avoid the online providers with extreme prejudice.  I also find their quality severely lacking.  I don’t mind paying Verizon for quality content in HD on FIOS.  I just wish they’d be willing to sell me a bundle of channels that I’d actually watch.

Wideband providers have been placing a cap on downloads for years.  They just don’t inform their customers until they spot excessive use of bandwidth.  Talk about baiting and switching!  They try and entice you to use their services and then threaten to cut you off if you use them too much.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.