Time for a DIY CableCard PC with Cox Cable? What’s the current state?

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion Time for a DIY CableCard PC with Cox Cable? What’s the current state?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’m in Phoenix (close enough) and Cox is my cable provider.  So far we’ve only used them for Basic Cable and High-speed Internet  (Mrs. Sheen has to have “Closer” and “Saving Grace” and etc…)

It all came to a head when NASCAR switched from FOX to TNT last Sunday.  Loves NASCAR in HD – hates it over Basic Cable…  Has to see Ryan Newman in hi-def.

Anyway, I can get an HD STB and one of their DVRs but I hate to give up her HTPC and Media Center and I don’t relish the thought of switching between 2 different boxes.

CableCard works?  I can go the DIY route now?  Anyone in Phoenix have experience with Cox and CableCard? I’ll try the “OCUR fake-out utility” on her 780G before I do anything else, but I’m wondering if a CableCard setup will cause headaches (that I may be OK dealing with, [i]but Mrs. Sheen[/i]???) – things have to be pretty darn stable and mostly trouble-free on her HTPC.  You know how she hates me fooling with her stuff!  It’ll have to work.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.