Three step formula for how to make a great movie.

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Three step formula for how to make a great movie.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I will try and tell you what makes a good movie.

In the Bible, Genesis.
    Eve talks to the Devil who is in the form of a talking snake.

Now I will draw some parallels and show the essential parts to a good movie.

– In the Movie Triple X. Vin is in the Café, and see’s the waitress wearing the wrong shoes.

– In Ghostbusters. The man doesn’t know the danger of turning off the Ghost container.

– In 28 days later. The activists don’t know the danger of being with those Monkeys.

– In the Movie Spirit: Ghost of the Cimmaron. The Horse doesn’t know the Danger of the camp.

– In the Movie 28 Weeks later. The kids don’t know the danger of going home.

– In the Movie Equilibrium. The Cleric doesn’t know something and is exposed.

– In the Movie Aliens. Ripley is asked to go back, and she doesn’t know the true reason.

– In the Movie Predator, the Indian laughs at his friends joke while the Predator watches.

Over and over again, the innocent is placed in jeopardy’s way.
    And like Eve, talking to a Evil Snake. The innocent is oblivious to the danger.

The above is the first part of three parts that make a good movie.
    The first part is what I call: The Bean Character.
    Mr.Bean can be seen in dangerous situations, but is oblivious.
    As I’ll show you later on, this first part is the root cause, the underdog.

The second part of the Movie is the psychological part.
    I imagine a clinical Psychologist diagnosing Mr.Beans Situation, as he gets into and out of trouble.

I will try and show some examples of this in the movies below.

– In the Movie Shaun of the Dead. The Mum becomes a Zombie. The Dad becomes a Zombie.

– In the Movie Aliens. The Man says “Game over Man. Game Over.”

– In the Movie Babe. The Duck Explains to the Pig that his life depends on waking people up.
    Because people quote, “Eat Ducks”.

– In the Movie 28 Weeks Later. The boy, seeing he’s infected. Runs away from his sister.

The Third part of the Movie is the script writer takes these two parts and writes a good script.

I will give some examples in movies below.

– In Gladiator. There is a line Russell Crowe says to Joaquin Phoenix, in the Arena.
    When Joaquin Phoenix asks him to take off his mask.
    Joaquin Phoenix is unaware it is Russell Crowe and the request is innocent.
    Russell Crowes response is heart felt, emotional and well spoken.

Now I will try and talk about why all three parts are nessessary.
    In modern Music. There is the clinical part where there is moody music.
    And there is well written lyrics.
    But where is the Mr.Bean factor?
    It is souless, heartless music imho.

Yes, there is room for the moodiness of metallica type music, but they did it well.
    I think the people who make art need to remember that Mr.bean type scenarios have a place still,
    in today’s art.

So I will end this with the three parts that make a greta movie.
    The Mr.Bean factor + The Psychological thrill factor + The well written script factor = Aliens type quality
    The Psychological thrill + The great script penned well = a potentially galling experience.

– In the Movie, Blade Runner. The man is asked some questions about a turtle by a psychologist.
    The man is dangerous to the psychologist, but the psychologist is not totally aware of this.
    The Mr.Bean passive is met with the psychology. And the way he asks about the turtle is well written.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.