The Daily Button: May 3rd, 2008 Weekend Edition

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground The Daily Button: May 3rd, 2008 Weekend Edition

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    LowTech
    Participant

Original Article Link

The PC Freeks & Geeks “review” of the Glacialtech HTPC case is so typical of what you get from a non-specialized site like that.  The reviewer (and I use the term lightly) simply quotes some specs right from the manufacturer’s website, throws in a mobo with a stock cooler and viola, a 9 out of 10 rating.  And for what?  I could have written that review without even having an actual case to review.

60mm fans at 19dbA my @$$.  I assume that is the noise level achieved when the fan is turned off?

Next thing you know, after reading that review, some geek or freek is going to go out and slap together an HTPC using this case and sit there confounded why his HTPC sounds like his girlfriend’s blow dryer.

I can only suspect that manufacturers like Globaltech do not submit their products to HTPC-centric sites like MissingRemote is that that coveted 9 out 10 rating would plummet after a thorough investigation from a more demanding reviewer. 

Other than that the case looks nice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.