Stuttering Bluray Problems

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Stuttering Bluray Problems

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Watched Cars 2 Saturday night on bluray, and I am wondering if newer blurays are becoming increasingly harder on a system for any reason?  I started out watching in PowerDVD 10 and the stutter started pretty early.  So I stopped and tried PowerDVD 11, and I thought it was going to be OK and then started experiencing stutter again.  It’s usually brief but very annoying.  I couldn’t think what was causing it, but I checked cpu useage after it was over and it was anywhere from 50% on up.  So what is happening is it is maxing out the cpu at times which is causing the stutter.  I updated PowerDVD 11 and there was no change in the useage.  Then I updated the Catalyst drivers to 12.1 and still no change.  I remember that when I watched Captain America that I had the same thing happen; the cpu useage was unusually high.  But when I tried another bluray it was what I considered normal, around 10% to 25%.  I have a 6570, E6600, and 2gb of RAM.  Why am I starting to experience this?  It really has me annoyed, and I am almost ready to just give in and get a regular bluray player.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I do have “Enable Hardware Acceleration” checked.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.