Structured Wiring

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help Structured Wiring

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hey Gang, so I haven’t been here much lately since I recently purchased the biggest piece of HTPC equipment around, that’s right, the H.  It is a real fixer-upper and is keeping me quite busy including taking out most of the main floor walls. 

I’m planning to install a structured wiring scheme with a network closet in the basement and future proof it all with flexible conduit (aka smurf tube).  Here is a [url=http://www.swhowto.com/]guide[/url]I found interesting and useful. 

Since the walls are starting to come down, I figured that now would be a good time to ask if anybody had any useful tips or ideas regarding such a project.  In other words, what would you do with free reign and open walls?  Right now I’m planning on Cat-6, RG6, and in-wall speakers in several rooms. 

I hope this discussion takes off with creative and even extravagant ideas, but please remember the economic WAF.

Also, anybody have any suggestions on a good (i.e. cheap) vendor for a significant amount of flexible tube conduit/raceway?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.