Streaming question for a project at work

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Streaming question for a project at work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

You guys are as innovative a bunch as I have seen so let me run something by you.

We are installing 5- 50″ LCD tvs around our plant as an information board.  At this point I am thinking the information will be a cycling powerpoint presentation, but I am open to other ideas.  All the TVs can have a PC on them or I am open to other connections.  They will be hundreds of feet apart.

Criteria:

• Ease of updating material-  People of various skill levels will be updating material.  Charts, text, photos…..
    • Picture clarity-  They are currently doing some sort of file type conversion that is harming picture quality.  I would like to improve that.
    • Networking-  We have both WiFi and hardwire networking throughout the plant

Anyone have thoughts on good ways to approach this?

phoneguyinpgh

Question:  How far apart will the TVs be from each other and the location where you want to updated this material?

Aaron Ledger

Many displays now are capable of reading photos files or videos off a USB stick or using DLNA. You could probably find one that cycles through a bunch of photos in a directory or you could convert material to a video file. I haven’t used Powerpoint much, but I would imagine it allows exporting as a video or there is probably some tool to do that.

babgvant

Does the content need to stay in sync?

SJMaye

The TVs will be as much as a few hundred feet apart.  If I could play a Powerpoint slideshow from one PC and let it repeat is would be fine.  Not important to be in sync with one another.

phoneguyinpgh

How about an HDMI splitter, and the some HDMI over Cat5 set-ups to send the video from the PC to all the TVs?

babgvant

In that case I think Aaron’s idea is the best. Save the ppt as wmv and play it off a USB/SD drive attached to the TV.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.