Strange Crash problem on HDMI output only

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help Strange Crash problem on HDMI output only

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have just built my first HTPC -Asus H8P67 with i3 chip, 4gb mem, OCZ and Seagate drives running Win7 32 bit on a 500w Psu. Everything seemed to work fine on a VGA or DVI monitor. However, once connected to my Sansung 40″ TV via HDMI, it crashes ever time within seconds of the Win logo. If I connect via the VGA or DVI inputs, there s no problem. It also boots successfully in safe mode on the HDMI cable. I have tried a different cable, same outcome. All advice greatlyappreciated.

oliverredfox

Is that running Intel on-board graphics?  If so, what driver version # are you running?  There were some issues with HDCP/HDMI handshaking and some Intel drivers.

Ramadan1

Thanks for the response. The driver is listed as follows:

Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Version: 8.15.10.2405

Date: 23/05/2011

Ramadan1

Have updated driver and, voila, now I get a HDMI connection. But that has raised two further issues: WMC crashes often and the picture is a lot worsethan it was on a DVI connection!

babgvant

Make sure you have the correct native resolution set in the desktop, then run though the WMC display setup again. HDMI and DVI are of equivalently high quality, you shouldn’t see any difference.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.