Standing desks – Anyone else tried using one?

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Standing desks – Anyone else tried using one?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oliverredfox
    Participant

As the years roll on I’ve put on a little bit of a belly sitting from around a lot.  I read an article on standing desks(http://smarterware.org/7102/how-and-why-i-switched-to-a-standing-desk) the other day and went ahead and set one up in my office.  It’s a little rough on the legs but it seems to be really nice for my back(not slouching in my chair all day).  And it’s got me wondering how many other people have tried one or do most of you just go for fancy chairs?

Mike Garcen

no, but i did use to run a lab, and of course computer workbenches are standing height, so i was on them for prolonged time…i couldn’t imagine it full time though

Aaron Ledger

I try to get out for at least a 20 – 30 min. walk once a day and then just make sure to get up and get a drink, use the restroom or chit chat with colleagues throughout the day maybe once an hour or so. I would always like a deluxe chair or optional standing desk, but I do think that just some simple exercise minimizes the necessity of those items, at least for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.