SOLVED: Intel Driver problems with WHS 2011

Home Forums Home Theater Computers SOLVED: Intel Driver problems with WHS 2011

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone. I am freaking out right now. I just purchased the Intel DH61BEB3 and am using it with WHS 2011. I have installed the software and am now stuck at the last part of the installation process. The software says it cant install/find the network adapter drivers. In fact, the software can’t seem to find the network adapter at all.

Can anyone recommend how to fix this? I went to the intel page and downloaded the newest driver and it says that it cant find the network adapter. Someone PLEASE help me!

Thanks in advance!

santanan

did the installation complete without the NIC drivers?

swoon
        dbocce3

Aaron,

Thank you for your response. I did not follow the guide. I have since tried to follow the guide but I get stuck at the command prompt step. I type in the command exactly as it is pictured in the example but I get the following response:

‘C:UsersAdministratorDesktopPROWin7_64_v16.2.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

What am I doing wrong? It should be known that this is a fresh install. There is no other OS on the machine.

UPDATE: I went to Intel’s webpage and downloaded the newest driver which is PROWin7_64_v16.4exe. I put that on a USB stick, then dumped it onto the desktop. Now when I search for the driver manually like in the example, it can’t find it because it is an exe file, not an inf file. I believe SRR037 has the same issue int he comments of the example. Not sure how to fix it though.

Ideas?

dbocce3

I was able to figure it out by trolling through the other message boards and the guide. I had tp use 7-zip to extract out the driver from WINPro7_64_v16.4 exe, save them to a USB, dump it onto the desktop of the server, and then go and install from there.

Thank you to everyone for your help!

swoon

Glad to hear it. I’m going to be running through this myself soon so if our guide needs a little massaging, we’ll update it.

swoon

So I found that Andrew’s guide worked pretty well for installing the NIC driver. You can check my comment to the guide for exactly what I did, but I did not need to used 7zip to extract driver.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.