Software landry list for BR playback.

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion Software landry list for BR playback.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

OK,  I finally have the parts for BR playback coming.  2 BR Roms 1 for each HTPC machine (I will not be burning discs w/ these machines) and an ATI5450 graphics card for each.  The PC in the living room will be connected to a TV w/ HDMI ports, is HDCP compliant and is 1080p, the one in the bedroom only has 1 DVI port, is not HDCP compliant and is 720p.
    For playback I’ve been leaning towards TMT instead of PDVD based on reviews I’ve been reading and since they both seem to be able to integrate into MCE7.

Question; Do I need any other software for BR playback such as AnyDVD-HD?? 
    Since the bedroom TV is old, has no HDMI port and I know isn’t HDCP compliant I would think I would need it to bypass all the restrictions and actually view HD content on that TV.

Are there any special codecs that are needed or is everything included in TMT??

The bedroom machine is currently up & running w/ MCE7 x64 and can play all my SD content on my server perfectly.  I am going to rebuild the living room machine w/ MCE7 x64 as well and all the same plugins as the bedroom.  Both machines have enough CPU and RAM to do the job.

I presently will not be viewing TV with these machines but that may change in the future depending on how the Centon and Silicon Dust tuners work with cable cards.

Is there anything else I may have missed?? 

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.