Silverlight 5 impressions

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Silverlight 5 impressions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Looks like Microsoft quietly released Silverlight 5 back in December. It has yet to appear in Windows Update, but can be downloaded here:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx

(A reboot is necessary after installation or you will get DRM errors with protected content.)

I have two initial impressions on my Core i5 2500K/Intel HD Graphics 3000/Win 7 64-bit HTPC:

First, the judder with WMC Netflix streaming is finally gone; HD content is finally enjoyable to watch. But since the Netflix app hasn’t been updated in a very long time, still no subtitles or 5.1 sound for certain movies.

Secondly, Live TV starts up much faster with the PCIe Ceton InfiniTV 4 when resuming from sleep. This is a welcome change – no more staring at the “Viewing or Listening Conflict” message for what feels like an eternity.

Aaron Ledger

I had been using the Silverlight 5 Beta for some time because it was the only way Netflix was watchable on any of my PCs. As you pointed out, judder city w/o SL 5. The PQ with SL 5 finally made the PC on par with other devices which ironically have much less horsepower.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.