Show Analyzer Nightly Task

Home Forums Windows Media Center Show Analyzer Nightly Task

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mikinho
    Participant

I’ve setup this script for a few friends so I thought I’d share it here as well.  It is a simple batch file that will add any WTV files to the Show Analyzer queue.

I run it as a Scheduled Task that runs daily at 3:00 AM.  I do not use the built-in directory monitor as I find, even when setup with restrictions, that ShowAnalyzer consumes too much of the CPU and can adversely affect HTPC usage.

Simply copy the file to your Recorded TV folder and setup a scheduled task to run it daily.  It will add any WTV files w/o a corresponding XML commercial file to the Show Analyzer queue.  

To make it easier to setup for my none technical friends there is a command line switch to copy it to the proper location and create the scheduled task that runs at 3 AM.

__ProcessShowAnalyzer.cmd /install

Note: If you use DVRMSToolbox you can also use DVRMStoMPEG to queue file.  See How do I schedule ShowAnalyzer to process a directory?.

rmcneil

Hi Mikinho,

Just downloaded your script and it worked great!  I wanted to change the time the batch is scheduled to run and discovered I couldn’t find the task anywhere in task scheduler.  I have show hidden tasks checked but still can not find where the task details are.  Any tips on where to find the task so I can change the time? 

Thanks.

Bob McNeil

mikinho

Hi Bob, I think I have a typo in that version of the script I uploaded. I’m out w/ the family for the next few hours but I’ll upload an update that fixes it and instructions to change the time.

rmcneil

Thanks.  

On another subject, I am trying to figure out how to have the Xbox extender in the bedroom start in Live TV.  A couple of days ago I found a post you wrote about the topic but can’t find it again.  You had writted some code to insert into the extender user profile.  The problem I was having was getting access to the local user groups as it is not allowed by my Win 7 version – Home Premium.  You had said in the post you had instructions on how to get access if you couldn’t do it through Computer Management.  Local Group access should be listed below Shared Folders, but isn’t in my Win 7 ver per attached.

Can you direct me to your post on Live TV startup and also any tips on how to access local groups to make the changes?

Thanks,

Bob

btw…you do a great job with input on TGB.  Was a member of the old thread and just found the new one a couple of months ago.  I got my Infinitv4 in the 2nd batch, and as an early adopter, really appreciated your comments on issues that came up.

rmcneil

FYI…found my answer to Live TV startup on extender in your post http://www.missingremote.com/guide/change-windows-media-center-startup-media-center-valve.  Just installed it and it works great.  Does exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks.

SJMaye

Thanks, Michael.  I was the OP on your referenced link.  I tried creating my own, but did not work correctly.  I am on the road, but will try this when i get home.

I saw the other poster asking about changing processing time.  If this creates a scheduled task does it mean i can find the task in task scheduler and change the time it is performed?

mikinho

Updated script attached that includes an optional start time parameter for the install

__ProcessShowAnalyzer.cmd /install 03:00

__ProcessShowAnalyzer.cmd” /install 22:30

The task itself gets installed as a Scheduled Tasks in a folder that matches your computer name (%COMPUTERNAME%).

Let me know if that works better for you.

mikinho

[quote=rmcneil]

FYI…found my answer to Live TV startup on extender in your post http://www.missingremote.com/guide/change-windows-media-center-startup-media-center-valve.  Just installed it and it works great.  Does exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks.

[/quote]

Sorry for another delayed response but glad you found it and it is working!

rmcneil

I don’t see the new files attached.  Am I missing something?.  Thanks

mikinho

[quote=rmcneil]

I don’t see the new files attached.  Am I missing something?.  Thanks

[/quote]

Replaced the original attachment

Muddytoy

Michael,

During a search for trying to schedule showanalyzer to run (basically force it to run, because the directory watch is not working properly), I found this article and another one (http://www.missingremote.com/forums/how-do-i-schedule-showanalyzer-process-directory)

I looked at your code for the attached file. I have some basic Batch file experience but for things I do now, I try to use Powershell. Do you know what the Powershell equivalent would be to your batch file?

What I want to do is tack on the forcing of showanalyzer to scan a program after I copy the WTV file over to my server. I don’t really want to hijack this tread so I will start another one with my full setup and current quandaries. http://www.missingremote.com/forums/wtv-file-renaming-moving-and-comm-skipping

Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.