Sage or Beyond…???

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Sage or Beyond…???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ok, at the request of the admins…Here’s my new thread trying to decide on sticking with SageTV or moving to BeyondTV.

I’ve read the review of the new Beyond TV.  I thought it was great and very informative.  Some of the Con’s of Beyond would be of concern to me, like the More info on shows, I don’t use it all the time, but I usually check an upcoming recording to see if it’s aired before or what the original air-date was.

On the Pro’s – I like the built-in commercial skip….How well does it work? I miss that when I upgraded Sage, I simply have not been able to get it to work any more.

SageTV however, I lost my Comm Skip in the upgrade, and can’t fix it.  Also, searching for a show or favorite makes you use the full keyboard or if you only have a mouse trying to use a number pad type interface.  I think there should be a choice in teh setup to switch layouts if so desired.

Sage  Pro’s – I like the simple menu system, and it looks like Beyond is very close to it.

Remotes – Does Beyond work well with the iMON remotes, like the one for the Silvestone LC10M?  I’ve also had a hard time getting Sage to work with my iMON remote, and I simply gave up on it.  Maybe I’ll just get a Bluetooth KB/Mouse combo that I can keep next to my couch.  My wife kind of hates the iMON remote anyway and makes me do the navigating up at my HTPC since my current KB/Mouse have less than a 5ft range (stupid Logitech junk).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.