Remaining Issues with my HTPC Build

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Remaining Issues with my HTPC Build

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

[b]The Story so Far (skip if you like :))[/b]:
    I actually was able to get my HTPC working last night.  Wire-by-wire, cable-by-cable, I checked and tested everything.  I swapped out my power supply, and put it in another box to make sure it worked.  I put another power supply in my HTPC box to ensure there was no other PSU issues.  Eventually, the last cable I tried, the front panel audio cable, proved to be the culprit.  It wasn’t seated properly.

Anyway, I installed Vista on my mew Gigabyte EP43-DS3L motherboard, and was able to play Blue Ray and HD DVD movies.

[b]Remaining Issues[/b]:
    However, I still have three remaining issues that I need help with in order of [u][i]increasing [/i] [/u] importance:
    [list]
    [*]I am unable to getting anything but two-channel stereo sound from my PC using the onboard audio of the new Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L motherboard.  I have downloaded the latest RealTek audio drivers for the motherboard, but still no luck.  I am using PowerDVD to play the movies.  Any ideas?
    [*]I am unable to play Blue Ray or HD DVD movies through Windows Media Center.  Should I be concerned?
    [*]Finally, and the [u][i]most important [/i] [/u] issue, is that the BIOS and Vista cannot see my Samsung F1 Spinpoint 1TB drive.  It reports 33MB (which is the memory cache size).  I have burned the Samsung ESTool to a CD, flipped my BIOS back to IDE from AHCI, and then booted the CD to run the DOS ESTool.  But it seems to run out of memory.  I ran a different Samsung DOS-based boot tool to fix the BIOS issue, but that did not work either.  Has anyone else run into this?  Anyone know how to fix it?[/list:u]

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.