Question about Xbox 360 + Samsung LN-T4671F via HDMI

Home Forums Question about Xbox 360 + Samsung LN-T4671F via HDMI

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. My family just purchased a Samsung LN-T4671F. In addition we have an Onkyo HT-S907. I plan on buying myself an Xbox 360 Elite (it’s about time I get one!). My question involves hooking up the three.

Currently, on the Samsung, the “HDMI 2” port connected to the HDMI out port on the Onkyo Receiver. On the Onkyo, the HDMI in ports are connected to the Cable box and Onkyo DVD player. Now, the Samsung’s “HDMI 1” port is connected to an HDMI wall plate (our tv is wall mounted). This is where the Xbox comes in.

I plan on plugging the 360 into this HDMI wall plate via HDMI obviously. Now, normally, the audio from the 360’s HDMI cable would be heard through the TV’s speakers right? However, if I connected my TV to my receiver via the Digital Audio Out (Optical) (so a toslink cable from my TV’s out to the receiver’s in) would the audio from the 360 (supplied via HDMI) come out of the Onkyo speakers?

Basically, can I reroute the 360’s audio to the surround speakers via a toslink cable from the LN-T4671F’s digital audio out to the onkyo’s digital audio in?

If this post is confusing (it seems a bit wordy) let me know and I’ll clarify.

Thanks!
    matrixtna

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.