Question about power LED intensity

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Question about power LED intensity

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’ve noticed a rather odd thing happening with the power LED indicator on my Antec P180B case. Ever since I first transferred my MCE1 build into the case (about a year ago), the blue power LED was very bright. However, in the last couple of weeks, it’s gotten dimmer by the day. It’s now pretty dim (at least compared to what it was). The other LEDs (HDD1 and HDD2) are just fine — no change.

The peculiar thing is, it did this before (about a month ago). I swapped out power supplies (upgraded from a 380w to a 500w — was planning to do this anyhow), and the power LED went back to being bright as ever.

Now it’s dimming again. It will also fluctuate and sometimes it looks like it’s just barely flickering.

My guess is that it has more to do with the voltage output from the motherboard rather than the LED itself. Other than this issue, there are no problems with the system. All voltages appear normal and stable. There are no performance issues whatsoever.

So, my question is: is this an indication of a looming, bigger problem? Or should I just ignore it? I’ve just never seen or read about anything similar.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.