Power- on problem

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Power- on problem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Well, here’s a new one for me.
    Installed an OS dedicated HDD, and the The HTPC would not power on. After checking connections, I managed to get it on by switching off the PSU itself, holding the power on button a few seconds and after switching the PSU back on, it would respond to the on button.
    However, when I put it into stand-by, (suspend to RAM) it won’t power up again.

Everything is as it should be in terms of the new install of the OS,(MCE2005) including updates. and the only thing that has changed in the CMOS is the addition of the HDD. I did disconnect one of the 80mm case fans because it started to grind, but that’s all I touched

Before the new HDD, the suspend to ram was fine. Hit the button and it would drop dead in about 2.5 seconds. push the power button and it was up in about 5 seconds.
    Now hit stand by and it’s dead in 2.5 seconds. push the power button and nothing. Turn off the PSU and hold the power button in for 2 seconds, turn the PSU back on and hit the power button to get it to boot.
    any ideas what’s up with that?

Now bear in mind everything was fine…untill I touched it, so we can assume it’s the usual case of user failure. I just can’t figure what it was that I did…?
    Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.