OpenELEC / XBMC – Video transcoding and streaming to mobile devices

Home Forums Home Theater Computers OpenELEC / XBMC – Video transcoding and streaming to mobile devices

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Greetings.  I recently refreshed my HTPC, and decided to utilize the OpenELEC 3 image (now in Beta).  I found it very easy to install and configure, especially since I was previously used to utilizing Windows 7 Media Center on my previous setup.

One thing I am missing though is the ability to transcode and stream video to mobile devices.  I previosuly utilized Air Playit for iOS devices and Qloud for Android devices.  Both of these run on Windows or OS X devices.

Is anyone aware of any Linux projects or XBMC plugins that are transcoding and streaming video for use on mobile devices?

jobenso

You want plex, for local content XBMC rocks.

The new XBMC beta and a HDhomerun is going to be sick! 

For IOS and Android, Plex runs the show.

As a DLNA server, it BLOWS (always crashes, well under windows anyway), but using their own clients … it rules.

dugiehowsa

Just wanted to close the loop on this thread.  While transcoding support is road-mapped for future versions of XBMC, some folks over on the OpenELEC forums have produced a Plex Media Server addon.

http://openelec.tv/forum/90-miscellaneous/43954-streaming-to-ios

I have been using it for a few months now and it works great.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.