Ode To An Old friend & Where To Buy Online Question

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion Ode To An Old friend & Where To Buy Online Question

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    LowTech
    Participant

The old Philco finally gave up the ghost last night.  The missus was just sitting there watching something and the screen suddenly went blank and the sound was silenced.  There were no last words.

Luckily we have a miniature version of the old Philco in the guest bedroom that has subsequently been pressed into mainline service in the living room to tide us over during our mourning phase.  As for our guests next weekend, well, I dug out a 25 yr. old 19” GE we’ve been saving for just such an emergency.  However, I can’t seem to be able to locate the remote for the little, bitty GE, oh joy for our houseguests.

Nonetheless, so now I have a slight dilemma to contend with.  I’m 99% certain that the old Philco’s replacement is going to be a Toshiba REGZA 46XV540U LCD.  My issue is where to buy from.  I won’t step into a BB, as you know, not even to use the bathroom.  CC doesn’t sell this set and Fry’s appears to only stock the 42” model, Sears, nope, Conn’s, a local chain, nada. 

So now the search goes online! 

I first scoped out this set at Newegg and then Amazon before I set out in search of a better deal.  After all is said and done I have narrowed my consideration down to two e-tailers (which are neither Newegg or Amazon) that look to have good enough buyer reviews to warrant a shot at my hard earned cash for my online purchase.  As such I’ll pose the question to the readers of this forum…

Does anyone here any experience or recommendations/warnings regarding either BuyDig.com or Electronics Showplace as reputable online sellers.

Actually, as far as that goes if anyone has any comment regarding my choice of flat panel, please speak up and let me know what you know.

Thanks in advance,

LowTech

Edit: none of my hyperlinks made it to the post so below are the links…

BuyDig.com: http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?omid=122&utm_id=17&ref=pricegrabber&utm_source=PriceGrabber&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=TB46XV540U&sku=TB46XV540U

Electronics Showplace:
      http://www.electronicsshowplace.com/toshiba-regza-46xv540u-46-inch-1080p-120hz-lcd-hdtv-183479.html?network=pricegrabber

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.