OCZ Vertex / Indilinx chipset SSDs

Home Forums Home Theater Computers OCZ Vertex / Indilinx chipset SSDs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oliverredfox
    Participant

While looking to see if any new firmware had been released from my Vertex2 SSD, I went ahead looked at the forums for my older Onyx SSD.  I noticed that OCZ had 2 improvements for these older drives.

Some Vertex SSDs are eligible to be bumped up to Vertex Turbo via a firmware update (my model wasn’t).  http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?86437-Flashing-Vertex-to-Vertex-Turbo  It’s worth running the tool and checking if you’ve got one of these drives.

I also noticed that a new Arowana update will also be made for Indilinx chipset SSDs (OCZ and other brands).  The firmware for OCZ hasn’t been made public yet, but if you have an SSD that uses this chipset, might be good to keep an eye out for it.  The press release and the official forum talking about it.

mikinho

Thanks.  Turns out my OCZ drives are eligible.  Now I just need to find a time to be offline (they are in my routers) to do the update Undecided

PAPutzback

Is it safe to upgrade firmware without having to backup the system and what if they are in a RAID 0 array?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.