NTSC Analog tuner

Home Forums Beginner General Questions NTSC Analog tuner

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Well, I got my HTPC running with my Ceton InfiniTV4 card…only to realize that it doesn’t work with NTSC analog channels. Bummer! So, in order to record Spongebob that my son has been waiting on, I’m going to need a NTSC tuner.

What is a good NTSC tuner that:

* Works with Win7 x64 WMC
    * Has dual tuners
    * Half-height card
    * One cable input
    * Provides good quality signal

Thanks guys!

Wayne

Oingofan

Hmmm…this must be a tough one..or not many have this issue.  I’m shopping around for cards, but the more I shop, the more I notice that not many are running analog cards with their InfiniTV4 cards.

So, now, I have a question.  How does it work within WMC for analog cards to be assigned to specific channels?  Obviously I wouldn’t want the InfiniTV4 card to try to tune to an analog channel (NTSC). 

Any thoughts on the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner to live along with the InfiniTV4?  Thx!

Wayne

Aaron Ledger

Have you checked to see if your cable provider offers a digital simulcast of the channels you are interested in? Cable providers are moving away from NTSC so it would be surprising if they were not simulcasting.

Oingofan

Aaron, I wish that were true.  Check out the lineup I attached…  I want many of the channels in the Expanded Basic…

Wayne

Aaron Ledger

Wow, if all those are not transmitted in digital, they really are behind the times. You can get an NTSC tuner and throw it in your system. There should not be a conflict between digital and NTSC programming. If there were, you could always select which tuner may/may not access the channel as well as prioritize tuners on a per channel basis.

Oingofan

Ya, I went down to their local office today asking when they were going to move more channels to the digital lineup and she said, “oh we are!  We moved channel 67 to 93.  Channel 36 to 74, etc.”  Not quite moving them to digital.  🙁  In the meantime, I plan on getting the Haup 2250 to get me by.

Thanks for answering my question about the tuner assignment and prioritizing them.  I really am enjoying my HTPC that I put together.  🙂

Wayne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.