Noob questions about clients/extenders

Home Forums Beginner General Questions Noob questions about clients/extenders

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

First, awesome site!  This is the best site by far that I have found for HTPCs.  However, I am still a newbie.  I have a pretty good idea about putting together an HTPC box, just need to choose between PRIME and InfiniTV tuners.  (Microcenter has PRIME for $210 so that is looking good.)

However, clients/extenders are still questions for me.  I have a few old Rokus and see that there is code to use it Rokus as MythTV front ends, but not convinced this will be a good solution.  However, I am a cheap so I hope not to spend too much money on the clients.  I also have a few old PCs that I could try to spin up for clients but wonder if this is all just a waste of time and I could get a new client for a cheap price.

My goal is to set up three TVs that can share FIOS connected to the PRIME/InfiniTV on a wireless network.  I would appreciate any thoughts on the two clients/extenders.  I could use an XBOX for one of the extenders by making my 13 year old son’s Christmas wish come true but then still need one more client/extender.

Many thanks for any assistance/guidance!

Ian

Ganjagadget

There is post on here to check if FIOS flag Amy content as “copy once” in your area. Of that is the case xbox I your only windows extender option. From what I have read FIOS rarely flags anything but “copy freely” If that is your case then you can use any windows box with MCE to watch shows you record.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.