New user to MC7 and InfiniTV Cablecard

Home Forums Beginner General Questions New user to MC7 and InfiniTV Cablecard

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I just set up my Windows 7 Media Center with the infinitv card. It’s great, I love it! Only problem is that my cable company had linked the SD channels to the HD channels automatically… Well now with the media center the SD channels are separate from the HD channels. 

Is there anything I can do about this? Is there a way to link the channels, that when I press 2(SD) it shows 702(HD)?

Any help would be appreciated. 

johnw248

Media Center allows you full editing of channel numbers and call signs. Just go to the guide and right click on a channel number and you’ll be presented with many choices. If you want you can remove the SD channels and just have HD channels and assign whatever number you want. Take a look at your options and than ask questions if anything isn’t clear to you.

John

albundles

Thanks for your response, I will give that a try. Great site!

Mike Garcen

btw, there was recently a media center guide editor which could save you a ton of time assuming you have a convenient keyboard & mouse, assuming you have a lot of changes to make.

albundles

I got that application but I really don’t know how to use it for my purpose… I will give it another try now that I have decided to remove the SD channels all together. 

PAPutzback

A tutorial on that app would be great. I’m sure I could figure it out but I’d probably have a lot of trial and error and error and…. I just left arrow over to the channel, press info and disable the SD channels. After a few times your fingers know what to do and you can whip through the guide pretty quick. OR go through guide settings and do it if you know for sure what to remove.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.